June 26 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Kids Activity Afternoon at the Time and the Valleys Museum
Sunday, June 26, 1 to 3 p.m.
Immerse yourself in fun activities about watersheds, the water cycle and ANYTHING to do with Catskill water on Sunday, June 26th from 1 to 3 p.m., at the Time and the Valleys Museum on St. Rt. 55 in Grahamsville, Sullivan County.
Featuring the Museum’s new Augmented Reality Watershed Sandbox! An interactive computer experience on a large sandbox where visitors can mold the sand and create colorful and changing landscapes, make it rain with the wave of their hand, and see how water flows and changes people’s lives and homes. Check out this video to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4uvkAStPc. Funded through the Rondout-Neversink Stream Management Program.
Other activities include:
· Seeing the water cycle in action and coloring your own.
· Creating a mini-watershed with colored water to take home.
· Playing in water and learning about hydropower energy and water wheels.
· Doing water puzzles and activity sheets.
· Exploring the interactive exhibitions Tunnel Toil and Trouble: NYC’s Quest for Water and the Rondout-Neversink Story and Water and the Valleys.
Explore all three floors of Museum exhibitions, the 1930s Catskill Farm with a farm house and four outbuildings, and the gift shop with books, crafts, toys and gifts (Special: all purchases receive a free Museum magnet!)
The cost for this fun filled afternoon is $5 adults and $2 children under 16, and Museum Members free. For more information, please call 845 985-7700, email email@example.com or go to www.timeandthevalleysmuseum.org.